Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Some Thoughts on Nature Photography

Fall Nature Photography Fall Nature Photography Fall Nature Photography Fall Nature Photography Fall Nature Photography Fall Nature Photography Fall Nature Photography Fall Nature Photography

Introducing photography into my life is probably the best thing I could have discovered. Growing up all the way into my early 20's, I longed to find a hobby that I felt passionately towards. I'd see other people introducing activities into their lives (or things that have been with them since childhood) and feeling so strongly towards that specific project that they'd be glowing even when just talking about it - I wanted that too!

My interest in photography proves that passion sometimes has to find you and that if you look too hard, it might pass by without you even knowing it.

I often think that I should try to practice more in portrait photography (which I have and have some portfolio work on that) but when I take a walk by myself on a nature trail and capture images of the scenery that surrounds me, that's when I feel my happiest. I feel so disconnected from technology but connected to the world that surrounds us in such a dramatic and influential way, that I don't know if introducing portrait photography into my life as a "living" would fulfill me as much as nature photography does.

I'm not ruling it out completely as the few portrait (practice) sessions I have done, I'm over the moon by capturing these beautiful moments shared between people that in that specific time I wonder why don't I learn more about portrait?? Maybe in the future, but right now, I'm happy to take my walks and connect with nature on a totally different level. It's calming, it's serene and it's my passion.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment