Saturday, June 21, 2014

Fantastical Creatures

purple flowers summer purple flowers summer I've been such a sucker for a good story lately. Tonight John & I took my sisters to go and see Maleficent which I loved so much! They modernized the story of Sleeping Beauty and I really respected the way it came together in the end. I won't ruin it though just in case you haven't seen it! Also, I really like the character of Maleficent because when I played the Kingdom Hearts games, she was a big character in those stories so it was nostalgic for me!

When the movie was over I was in the mood to watch something animated on my hot Saturday night during my date with the couch, so I put on Netflix and watched the movie Epic, which was also really, really good. I hadn't seen that movie yet and I'm not sure what I was waiting for but I enjoyed the story.

There's something about fantastical creatures and mystical worlds that have always gotten my attention. From Harry Potter to Kingdom Hearts to Dragon Age to the Hobbit, I just love fantasy and can't get enough of meeting new and exciting characters and getting a glimpse into their worlds.

P.S. I've started on my Summer Reading List and book #1 is An Abundance of Katherines which I'm really enjoying. I like the main character - he sort of reminds me of Sheldon Cooper.

1 comment:

  1. i've been meaning to watch Maleficent for sometime now but haven't got the time to do it. i've heard that it's surprisingly really good.

    ReplyDelete