Thursday, December 26, 2013

New SLR!!!


You guys... I finally got an SLR!
So there I was, Christmas morning opening up my gifts, when I open up a Nikon D7000!!! It was so unexpected that I shed a tear or two. After all, I really wasn't expecting to invest in one of these bad boys until the Spring. John really surprised me and I couldn't be more grateful. It really is a thoughtful gift more than anything especially since he spent so much time researching what would be best for me.

I got 2 lenses today too during the amazing Boxing Day deals! So right now, I have a 50mm 1.8d & a 70-300mm VR and I'm so pumped up about each of them.

John came with me today to take some photos and I am definitely still learning how to use my camera in general but we managed to get some beautiful photos. I particularly love the shot above and it's completely unedited.

I can't wait to continue using this amazing camera and seeing what types of creative projects I can come up with. Practice, Practice, Practice!

Hope you all had a very Merry Christmas!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh that's so exciting Jessica!! That's so sweet of him to surprise you like that. Enjoy your new camera and lenses!! the 50mm will always be one of my favs. I'm also looking forward to upgrading in the next month or so--can't wait! :)

    ReplyDelete