Thursday, November 28, 2013

Scenic Love






Watching: Awkward. I'm so obsessed with that show.. it really bring out the 16 year old in me!! I love well written, quirky teen shows like Degrassi and Awkward is right up that same alley! I'm definitely binge watching it .. I just started the show last week and am already on season 3. I'm also loving The Goldbergs. It's soo funny and makes me howl just as much as Modern Family does! Also, is it just me but is Vampire Diaries just as good if not better than the first season right now?! I felt that it started getting stupid but this season is giving off a fresh new start and I'm loving it!

Listening to: What Now by Rihanna and Wanted by Hunter Hayes. While I do paperwork at the office, I'm listening to these songs on repeat. Both such beautiful and emotional songs and I just love them both so much!

Thinking about: Travel and buying a house. These two topics are ones that are consuming my brain right now. I want to just travel the whole world and take photos of everything I see in so many new & exciting places. This is a very real & serious goal of mine. Taking photos whether it's here in town or somewhere else pumps my blood like you wouldn't believe. I also would love to have my own backyard this summer to lay out in after work, during the day etc etc so buying a house before the summer would be divine. Not sure how realistic this is though.. lol

Loving: Reading! But I'll talk about that more in the next paragraph. lol! Something I really am loving though right now is cooking. I made a huge fail of a meal tonight though but besides that I've been getting creative with meals. I've also realized that I do not cook healthy at all (lots and lots of butter)! I made a delish porkchop dish the other day with cream of chicken soup & broccoli smothered over top.. it was so good.

Reading: A house in the Sky! It's about the Calgary Freelance Reporter who got kidnapped in Somalia. Seriously such an intense, eye-opening & tragic book that I recommend to anyone interested in travel and/or current world affairs. I normally don't care about stuff going on in the world (not because I'm not interested but because I'm afraid) but I picked this book up because it's a memoir about something tragic and those are usually my favorite types of books. I'm about half way through but I  loved the first half of the novel when she spoke of her travel excursions. It's just now starting to become dark. I also just finished "the Graveyard Book" by Neil Gaiman which was really interesting and had a very strong ending.

Making me happy: That the Holidays are right around the corner! I'm excited for Christmas for ONCE this year. I can't wait to just spend the holidays with my family and to eat good food! Super exciting. 

This post was inspired by Danielle at Sometimes Sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment