Sunday, April 14, 2013

Things Making Me Happy Right Now:


Sorry for the silence around these parts. I'm experiencing a serious case of Cabin Fever. The snow doesn't seem to stop coming down on us in Northern Ontario and it's awful! Everytime we have a nice Spring-like day, the next day we have a snow storm. People! I need sunshine!!!

Because my life is so uninspired lately, I figured I'd try and appreciate the small things. Here's what's making me happy lately:

1. Country music! Holy moly, the new country line up lately is killin' it!! Pirate Flag by Kenny Chesney?! Yes, please. I Do by Tim McGraw and Taylor Swift or Back Road by Rodney Atkins!! All so good.

2. Speaking of music, I've been a total gym-rat lately staying for way longer than what is healthy.. but I just don't want to stop running on that treadmill (I run after weight training so I tend to be at the gym for 1.5 hours... oops)  I think what makes me love running so much is the music I've been listening to. I love running to Breakin' Dishes by Rihanna or Monster by Kanye West, Jay-Z & Nikki Minaj..makes me feel like a total bad-ass.

3. Candles! It really makes me our crappy basement apartment feel warmer.

4. While we are on the topic of crappy basement apartment, we are moving into a house in 3 weeks! I seriously can't wait. Things haven't been the happiest around here because when you have a family with toddlers and babies living above you, there's never any peace.

5. Having a glass of vino while reading magazines like Rachel Ray or Canadian Living :)

6. Getting back into the spirit of cooking!! I roasted a chicken last night and now I'm just trying to find something healthy to make for tonight!

7. Bad reality TV (Real Housewives, anyone?!) & HBO's Girls. I'm obsessed with these shows lately.. It's embarrasing. Obsessed enough to be bored of all my other shows like Greys & Vampire Diaries. Girls is justified but Real Housewives? I need to take a good, long hard look at myself.

Goodbye! I promise I'll have photos soon... I just need the sun to come out.

No comments:

Post a Comment