Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Little Maple Leaf: Food Edition


Balsamic Chicken with Brown Rice


Homemade Ceaser Salad Dressing


Sweet Potato!

I have a serious love affair with food. 
Cooking (as well as eating) is one of my favorite hobbies. I'm constantly looking for new recipes to bring into my kitchen that both John & I will enjoy! Lately, I've been all about cooking ethnic (Indian, Thai, and Asian dishes mostly) and usually about cooking healthy. Most recently on my "must make" list: Sweet Potatoes. You can do so much with the delish vegetable & they are oh-so-good for you. But, you already knew that! I love to mash my sweet potatoes & add brown sugar, cinnamon & nutmeg to them as well as a little bit of butter. Mmmm. 
Also, as much as ceaser salad has a high fat content, homemade is always the better option. It's quick & simple to make and probably cuts out the fat & calories (as well as the surprise additions) that come out of a bottle.
The one thing that sucks about creative cooking is that it costs a lot of money. I used to follow recipes to a T but lately, I'll usually try to use what I have on hand and create my own spin off a recipe that I've fallen in love with!

Anyway, enough banter on cooking.. I hope you enjoyed the pretty food photos that came along with this post!
Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. I am loving sweet potatoes lately too! I love taking a recipe and tweaking it to my taste! Happy cooking!

    ReplyDelete