Friday, December 14, 2012

So, so sad.


Normally when I read tragic news stories, I think for a second how sad the event is and then move on with my life. I know, that sounds awful. But if it's not affecting someone I know & love personally it's easy to carry on. I'm sure many of you all do the same thing.

However, this event is different... probably because it was a school & there were children & the whole thing makes me sick to my effing stomach. And I wish I could use the full "F" word but I can't because I'm a "public figure" as John would put it & I would probably get in trouble by my boss. But it's disgusting and I think it warrants a few curse words, don't you?

Who in their right mind is that disturbed that they would take the lives of innocent children who had futures and lives that weren't even developed yet? Children who could have grown up to be surgeons, actors, lawyers or cashiers. Children who could have grown up to make the world smoother and easier. Children who could have fallen in love and had kids of their own. Kids who now won't get to experience any of that because they're just gone.

I know my whole blog is basically about capturing the beautiful aspects of our planet but today I don't feel like it's beautiful. Earth feels pretty god damn ugly.

2 comments:

  1. It's so hard to stay positive in the wake of such tragedy. I agree that the world can be so ugly...

    <3 Melissa
    wildflwrchild.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree completely, it's so scary and disheartening to know this is the world we live in now. Hopefully changes are put in to place to keep us all more safe.

    ReplyDelete